Friday, January 29, 2016

A Hug from God

Cheryl A. Williams (2013)

Today I have really been concentrating on how truly awesome God is. He truly is everything to me! I may not always grasp it or totally take it in, but the reality is still the same.

God is my Daddy. He's the Daddy whose love I crave. He's the Daddy my earthly daddy was not or ever could be. And unlike my earthly daddy, God will never hurt me. His love for me is unconditional.
God is my Friend, my Love.  Whereas others may hurt or disappoint me, God never will. He always has my best interest at heart.  Where they are lacking, God is perfect.  He loves me, respects me, and would never harm me.  His love is unconditional and cannot be earned.
God is always with me....ALWAYS. There need not be any fear, loneliness, or doubt with Him beside me. All I have to do is trust Him and have faith in Him. He is with me in the loftiest of places, and He is with me when I am crawling in the dirt. He is with me when I am feeling strong, and He is with me when I have no strength left. God is with me when I am doing my best to walk with Him, and He is with me when I stumble and seek after my own selfish, sinful ways.
My life is in His safekeeping. This is a truth I need to take into my heart so that it will never leave me. It is so easy to let the things in this life get me down. How easy it is to get discouraged, and want to give up. How easy it is to fall into my same old self-destructive patterns.

How wonderful to know that God is there...always there...with arms open, ready to give this prodigal child a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment