Sunday, April 27, 2014

Going Home

Oh, how happy I am to know
That this is not my home.
The beauty here is but a glimpse
Of what in Heaven will be shown.

Here there is also sorrow,
There is hatred,
There is pain;
There is illness,
There is madness,
There is suffering,
There is shame.

All of this
Will be swept away
When He comes
To take me Home;
There I'll be greeted
By family and friends,
Those I've known
And never known.

In Heaven there will be
Beauty, joy, and love beyond compare;
Throngs of Heavenly Angels
Will sing in voices filled with care.

I'll walk hand-in-hand with Jesus,
And we'll talk and laugh and love
In ways that cannot be measured,
For this is Heaven above.

All of my tears will be gone;
No sickness,
No bitterness, no pain;
A new body perfect in every way;
Total fulfillment with nothing
Left to gain.

Oh, Lord....how I long
To come Home to You,
But I know You still have
Much for me to do.
So patiently I wait for Your loving call;
Until that day,
I will share Your love
With family, with friends...with all.
         
            -Cheryl Williams, 2014

                                                       Photo by Cheryl Williams, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment