Sunday, April 20, 2014

Such an Amazing Love


I feel You inside of me,
breathing Your spirit
into my soul...
answering questions
that have plagued me,
quenching the thirst
that consumes me,
filling the emptiness
that leaves me aching.

Why me, Lord?
Why this broken woman
who has been anything
but faithful and good?
Why do you plant
Your kiss of freedom
on my forehead?

I am but a Judas,
for I have traded You
for silver more than once.
I am but a prostitute,
selling myself
to anyone or anything
for a quick fix of happiness.
I am but a soldier
who has pounded nails
into Your flesh
time and time again,
watching You writhe in agony.

Still You love me
and call me Your child.
It boggles my mind,
and I cannot take it all in.
Such love is not of this world.
Such love is new to me.
I'm more accustomed to love
with a price tag attached.
Your love is free,
and worth more
than any other love I have ever known.

Who are You?
What is it about You
that enables You to open Your heart
to the lowest among us
and treat us like royalty?


What do You see in me
that others cannot see?
My life is no longer the same
with You walking by my side.
You are all that I need.
Finally I realize this...
after years of  trying
to fill my emptiness.

You are my father,
my husband,
my best friend,
my master,
my joy.
You are everything to me.
Nobody can take You away,
and never will You leave.

Such an amazing love...

                                     Cheryl A. Williams, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment