Monday, April 28, 2014

Miracles in My Life

I was thinking this morning about the doubts that so many people have about the existence of God.  It exasperates me because I KNOW that God is real.  How do I know?  I know because of the number of miracles that He has done in my life.

1.  When my daughter was around 2 years old, He saved her from sudden death.  She and I were in our front yard playing ball together.  I had to stop for a moment to turn off the water hose from where I was watering my plants.  In that short amount of time, she managed to throw the ball into the street and go after it. My back was to her.  Suddenly I heard tires screeching.  I looked up and saw a woman jumping out of her car and hugging my daughter.  My heart was pounding so hard.  I thought she was hurt.  I dropped everything and ran to them.  The lady looked at me and said, "Oh my goodness.  If that man hadn't pulled her out of the way, I would have hit her for sure.  She ran right out in front of me."  I didn't see anyone, and said, "What man?"  The woman looked surprised when she didn't see anyone either.  There was nobody anywhere around.  "He showed up the instant I was about to hit her and pulled her out of the way.  Why would he just leave like that?" she asked.  In that moment I knew that this was no ordinary man.  It was an angel sent to help my little girl.  No human would have had enough time to save my daughter and completely vanish in that short amount of time.  It all happened in 60 seconds or less.

This is only one miracle.  I will share more in coming blogs....
Photo by Cheryl Williams, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment