Friday, April 11, 2014

Why Does God Allow Suffering in the World?

One of the questions that people ask is why does God allow suffering in the world.  I wish I had the answers. All I can do is speak from my own experience.

It has been through the suffering that I have experienced that I have grown in my relationship with my Heavenly Father.  It is through my need that I reach out to God.  It has been through my tears that He has reached out to dry my tears.  It has been through these experiences that my faith has grown.

If we all were to go through life with no problems or pain, we would never realize our need for God.  We would believe that we can do it all ourselves.

God is a God of miracles, and I have seen so many miracles in my life.  God has brought people into my life at just the right moments.  He has opened hearts and minds to be receptive to me at just the right time.  He has helped me through some very dark times.  He has helped me to become a stronger person.  I am nothing with God.  I am an empty shell without Him.

When I was a teenager, I was the victim of childhood sexual abuse for the course of 8 years.  God helped me through this dark time.  He gave me hope.  I would read the Psalms and cry out for His help.  He never let me down.  I survived, and grew to help others who had suffered in a similar fashion.

I lost my parents, my baby girl (Maryanna Hope), my dear husband of 33 years.  I lost my home of 29 years.  I've had to practically start my life over at the age of 56 years old.  It hasn''t been easy, but God has been with me, guiding me along the way.  He has opened doors for me in ways I would never have predicted.

I thank God for all of the blessings he has given me...both the seen and the unseen....the ones I understand and the ones that I don't.  I have learned to give it all to God because He knows what He is doing.  He sees the big picture that I don't see.

I don't understand the horrible suffering in the world.  But I pray for those people, and I do know that God answers prayer.

Cheryl Williams, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment